Paintings and Stuff¶
This documentation refers to an outdated SpongeAPI version and is no longer actively maintained. While the code examples still work for that API version, the policies, guidelines, and some links may have changed. Please refer to the latest version of the documentation for those.
Be afeared one and all, by the mighty images of the dread pirate Spongie! Her severed head be the banner o’ the Sponge Powered Pirates, and be damned if we care about licensing, to the bottom of the briny with ye devil talk of them rules and reg’lations! Drink a toast to her unending reign of squishy terror.
This here be plain speakin’ Pirate English, and we say our license be the best, it burns lovely and bright. Fer those not familiar with Pirate, yarrrr, be away with ye and fetch us more rum ye scurvy lubber.
Ye might, if ye have the fancy:
- Tweak the face o’ Captain Spongie, so as to make her more fearsome like, or more clever-looking (were such a thing possible) and stuff, or be placing a Captain’s Hat, crossed pistols or things o’ that like. If she ain’t still easily recognisable as the scourge o’ the seven seas, yer a terrible failure and deserve to be shark fodder, and she’ll soon make good account for that.
- Be using Cap’n Spongie or her head on the prow o’ yer vessel, to be terrifying them porpoises and leavin’ Spongie-shaped dents in the vessels ye be ramming.
- Use the SpongePowered Logo to link to Sponge Homepage (for example in your signature on forums etc.)
Ye be not gettin’ away with:
- Use the mascot as a link to the Sponge project only. The SpongePowered logo (which retains Spongie’s form) is a better representation of the Sponge project when used as an affiliate or reference.
- Create a vastly modified version of Spongie, where they become unrecognizable or clearly different from the original Spongie mascot.
- Add your project image to Spongie, or vice versa.
- Claim Spongie as your own mascot, or use them as a mascot for your own project.
- Sell or use Spongie in commerce without permission.
- Warping yer vessel into another dimension arrrr. Ye sea-devils, the colours, they be tasty.