Plans for the Future¶
There is a lot we would like to do. Specifically:
- If Mojang releases an official modding API, we are interested in building SpongeAPI on top of Mojang’s modding API so Sponge plugins will work on both.
- We may support client-side Sponge mods that could perform a variety of functions related to the client.
There are also some things we have decided not to do:
- We will not support Bukkit plugins natively.
- We will not send Forge mods from the server to the client because of security concerns.
- We will not develop implementations using other programming languages, but we encourage others to do so. Our focus is on Java.