This documentation refers to an outdated SpongeAPI version and is no longer actively maintained. While the code examples still work for that API version, the policies, guidelines, and some links may have changed. Please refer to the latest version of the documentation for those.
The purpose of the Sponge project is to create a plugin development framework for Minecraft. Sponge is being created by a global community, and its open-source nature means anyone can participate.
Sponge was created after seeing the failures of other projects in the Minecraft plugin development community. We are trying to avoid making the same mistakes as other projects; thus:
- Sponge は非常にオープンなプロジェクトです。
- Sponge はMITライセンスの下でライセンスされています。
- Performance is of high priority.
Most plugins developed with the Sponge API should work across several different versions of Minecraft without needing to be updated. This means that, for the most part, server owners do not need to worry about plugin incompatibilities.
We have two other projects in addition to the Sponge API:
- SpongeForge, a coremod for Minecraft Forge, which is an existing Minecraft modding framework famous for spurring the Minecraft modding scene. Forge lacks a cross-version API, and this is where Sponge steps in. Sponge allows server owners to deploy Sponge plugins with ease, making server management easier.
- SpongeVanilla, a stand-alone implementation of the Sponge API, running on top of the vanilla Minecraft server. (SpongeVanilla was formerly known as Granite, until the development teams merged).
SpongeForge 及び SpongeVanilla で稼働しているサーバーに参加するためにプレイヤーが各自でModをインストールする必要はありません。Mojangによって提供されているバニラのMinecraftクライアントで Sponge が利用されているサーバーに接続できます。
The Sponge API is not tied to any platform. This means that server owners can run Sponge plugins on any official implementation of the Sponge API. Sponge plugins should function identically on either implementation, due to the common functionality of mixins.
どこから Sponge をダウンロードできますか？¶
Beta development builds of SpongeForge and SpongeVanilla can be found here: Sponge Downloads
Who Is behind Sponge?¶
The project leaders are blood, gabizou and Zidane. We are trying to be very open with the team to ensure the project leaders do not end up “holding all of the keys.” Nonetheless, these three people make the final decisions to ensure the efficient operation of the project.
すべてのメンバーのリストは スタッフ にあります。
Our developers are well-versed with Java, and many of them have worked with Minecraft for years and know the ins-and-outs of its mechanics. There are tons of very good developers working on the Sponge project, and it would be nearly impossible to list all of them!